Babcock Ranch has been designed from the ground up to support the utmost sustainability and innovation, and in many respects the southwest Florida region seems ideally designed to support Babcock Ranch business and industry: High average income, low poverty and crime rates, a healthy volume of workers from the SWFL region ready for recruitment. In one of the nation’s best states to do business, this region is ready to provide the utmost performance for your enterprise.
- 13.1% increase in population between 2015 and 2020
- Another 13.1% increase expected in the next five years
- 8.3% increase in jobs from 2015-2020, 7% ahead of the national average
- Labor force of 410,000+, out of a total population of 986,000+
- 36.5% of the population hold an Associate’s Degree or higher
- 6,700+ graduates produced annually from Florida Gulf Coast University and Florida SouthWestern State College
- Violent and property crimes rates are more 25% below the national average
BABCOCK RANCH GROWTH TRAJECTORY
- January 2018 – First residents moved in
- January 2019 – 142 homes completed, estimated population of 355
- January 2020 – 393 homes completed, estimated population of 983
- July 2020 – Babcock Ranch ranked as 34th fastest growing planned communities in the U.S.
- January 2021 – 801 homes completed, estimated population of 2,003
- July 2021 – Babcock Ranch moves up to 24th in the list of fastest-growing planned communities in the U.S.
- January 2022 – Projecting 1,320 homes completed, estimated population of 3,300
babcock ranch demographics
Babcock Neighborhood School has played a key role in making BABCOCK RANCH a true, multi-generational hometown. Annual surveys of new homebuyers indicate:
- 37% of homebuyers are 55 or younger
- Families with children living at home make about 50% of total population
- 83% of all homeowners are year-round residents
- Nearly 70% report annual household income above $100K
- 74% college graduates, 30% with postgraduate degrees