Innovation can’t be “one and done” for sustainable success. Today’s workforce must continually evolve to meet continually changing challenges—and that requires an agile mindset to master an ever-expanding skillset.
babcock neighborhood school - "growing world changers"
Babcock Ranch begins pumping the talent pipeline in preschool with forward-thinking charter schools where powerful teaching practices like project-based learning (PBL) and STEAM curriculum hone critical thinking skills throughout primary and secondary levels. PBL provides hands-on learning to develop effective communicators, resilient learners and global citizens.
Babcock Neighborhood school is working with other educational institutions to bring both technical and academic career preparation options to campus. By the end of high school, dual-credit enrollment allows students to graduate with an Associate Degree, ready for immediate employment or further education at a four-year institution of higher learning.
- Public Charter School with Green STEAM Curriculum
- K-10 in 2021-22 school year, high school building now under construction
- Certified Project-Based-Learning (PBL) Demonstration Site K-12
- Cambridge AICE Program
- Standards-Based/Competency-Based grading
- Empower Learning educational platform
- Parents have full access to monitor student progress
Southwest Florida is rich in workforce development resources, equipping employers to meet their labor needs quickly and cost effectively.
Florida SouthWestern State College
- One of Florida’s top technical trainers
- Custom training where and when you need it, in your place of business, online or on campus
- Train the trainer
- Business process including mapping and management
- Internet marketing and eCommerce strategies
- Six Sigma and Total Quality Management
- Computer skills including AutoCAD, Cisco, Amazon AWS, C++ and Linus
- Interpersonal and team building skills such as motivation, conflict resolution and improving critical thinking
CareerSource Southwest Florida
- Multiple full-service Florida CareerSource centers
- One-stop hubs for expert recruitment services, including executive search, family relocation assistance, professional career networking and more
- Connection points linking businesses, trainers and community-based organizations for optimum access to applicant pools.
FloridaFlex Training Grants
- Business-driven flexible job training grants, including Quick Response Training Grants, empower custom training for companies of all sizes
- Supports longer training time and/or cyclical training
Veterans Florida/SkillBridge Program
- Florida boasts the nation’s first statewide initiative for the U.S. Department of Defense SkillBridge Program
- Fund available for employers who provide workforce training for retiring and separating active-duty service members
- Veterans Florida helps employers develop and implementSkillBridge training and obtain DOD approval