Innovation can’t be “one and done” for sustainable success. Today’s workforce must continually evolve to meet continually changing challenges—and that requires an agile mindset to master an ever-expanding skillset.
babcock neighborhood school - "growing world changers"
Babcock Ranch begins pumping the talent pipeline in preschool with forward-thinking charter schools where powerful teaching practices like project-based learning (PBL) and STEAM curriculum hone critical thinking skills throughout primary and secondary levels. PBL provides hands-on learning to develop effective communicators, resilient learners and global citizens.
Babcock Neighborhood school is working with other educational institutions to bring both technical and academic career preparation options to campus. By the end of high school, dual-credit enrollment allows students to graduate with an Associate Degree, ready for immediate employment or further education at a four-year institution of higher learning.
- Public Charter School with Green STEAM Curriculum
- K-10 in 2021-22 school year, high school building opening Fall 2022
- Certified Project-Based-Learning (PBL) Demonstration Site K-12
- Cambridge AICE Program
- First school in Florida selected for the CAPS Network, a nationally-recognized program that fully immerses students in a professional culture
- Standards-Based/Competency-Based grading
- Empower Learning educational platform
- Parents have full access to monitor student progress
Southwest Florida is rich in workforce development resources, equipping employers to meet their labor needs quickly and cost effectively.
- Custom training where and when you need it, in your place of business, online or on campus
- Multiple full-service Florida CareerSource centers
- Business-driven flexible job training grants, including Quick Response Training Grants, empower custom training for companies of all sizes
- Florida boasts the nation’s first statewide initiative for the U.S. Department of Defense SkillBridge Program